latino lingo

All things related to effective Hispanic marketing, Hispanic advertising and Hispanic public relations.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Just when I say something nice ...

Torn between his loyalties to the "mother land" of the U.S., and his Dominican upbringing, A-Rod has instead decided to duck out of the World Baseball Classic next year, it is reported on MSNBC.com.

"After thoughtful deliberations with my family, I am announcing my decision to withdraw from the World Baseball Classic," A-Rod told The New York Post. "When faced with the decision to choose between my country, the United States of America, and my Dominican heritage, I decided I will not dishonor either."

This sounds like it was written by the guy who wrote TO's apology.

Come on A-Rod. Mike Piazza, born in Pennsylvania, is playing for Italy. Last time I checked we celebrate people's heritage in this country. If I ever see you dancing merengue at a club, you'd better be eating a piece of apple pie as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home