latino lingo

All things related to effective Hispanic marketing, Hispanic advertising and Hispanic public relations.

Monday, March 13, 2006

I've never had green rice and beans

Talk about a very interesting infusion of cultures, Puerto Rican and Irish.

El Diálogo, the only bilingual/multicultural newspaper published biweekly in greater Springfield, Mass., is hosting its annual "Islands Together" celebration. The event is an Irish/Salsa party that features a Celtic rock band and a Latin Jazz and Salsa group.

The newspaper's editor, Lillian Santiago, sent me a flyer announcing the event, which takes place this Thursday night in Holyoke, Mass. I have to say the event sounds great so I'll be there. If you're in the area I'd recommend you stop by. I've always wondered who partied more, the Irish or Latinos. In Holyoke, at least, they've stopped wondering and decided there's more fun in joining forces. This is true multi-culturalism!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home