latino lingo

All things related to effective Hispanic marketing, Hispanic advertising and Hispanic public relations.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Latin Grammy ads raising the bar ... I hope

While I was at an album release party for a new salsa album by Ray Gonzalez y Su Orquesta and missed the beginning of the Latin Grammys (and Ugly Betty ... ok, yes, I admit I'm hooked ... is there a such thing as Betty's Anonymous?) I was back in time to watch my fellow Colombian Shakira take home a couple trophies, including Record and Album of the Year.

I also was able to catch many of the TV commercials, including some from Heineken and Wal-Mart among others. While I saw plenty that were pretty average, it was refreshing to see many well done spots that really spoke to the heart and to the culture. I hope the days of simply adapting general market scripts and showing a couple Hispanics are quickly heading behind us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home