latino lingo

All things related to effective Hispanic marketing, Hispanic advertising and Hispanic public relations.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Ah! So that's why my wife yells at me only in Spanish!

Fortunately my wife says she has better things to do that read my rants so I'm confident she won't read my headline :-)

A group from Baruch College and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee studied several groups of bilingual Hispanic women with varying degrees of cultural identification with Latino and Anglo cultures and found dramatic shifts in frame-shifting in women who identified with both, according to an article on Discovery Channel Canada.

Furthermore, the article says, these women also switched frames more quickly and easily than bilingual women who were monoculturals. This was especially evident when it came to their self-perception of assertiveness; bicultural women classified themselves as more assertive when they spoke Spanish than when they spoke English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home