latino lingo

All things related to effective Hispanic marketing, Hispanic advertising and Hispanic public relations.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Chevy "Nova"? I beg to differ

Watching the Latino White Sox (I mean Chicago) beat up on Houston the other night I almost fell out of my seat when a Chevrolet commercial completamente en Spanish aired on my local Fox channel (I often flip between Fox in Spanish and the Fox regular so I had to double check which channel I had at the time).

Back in February, Marketing y Medios wrote about Chevy doing this during last year's World Series in an article entitled, "Spanish Ads in English TV? Some Say 'No Way'" Evidently, according to the article, Fox received a lot of backlash from the English-speaking population.

Not sure about comments this year. But, as someone reminded me recently, as Carlos Santana once said, "You're in America now. Speak Spanish!"

1 Comments:

  • At 9:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    it is stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home